Top 8 Reasons Why Women Struggle with Social Media
In today's episode, I'm going to cover the top 8 reasons why women fail when it comes to social media plus stay tuned to the end! Special announcement!
So I always want to be positive but I'd be doing you a disservice if I didn't acknowledge the struggles real women face when it comes to social media.
People like to glamorize social media.
This is why so many people jump on social media to grow their businesses and so many people fail :(.
Ever heard someone say "all you gotta do is post your website and people will buy from you?"
Or "just keep posting, they'll come?"
Realizing now that was a pile of garbage, right?
Yea, been there. Done that. Hated it!
Joining social media is the easy part. Making money on social media ---that's a different story.
Here are the top 8 reasons why women either struggle or fail using social media:
Look carefully and tell me if either one describes you. Be honest.
1. Not consistent - I like to say "consistent actions yield consistent results." No matter what platform you choose, you're not going to make $1 MILLION by posting once. Most of the overnight success you see came from weeks, months or even years of failing forward. You don't lose weight by working out once and continuing to eat 6 deep-dish pizzas every night. You have to change your habits!
2. Talking to the wrong people - now that you're consistent, you want to make sure the RIGHT people hear your message. Your product/service isn't for everyone nor should it be. There's a saying "if you speak to all, you speak to none." If you want people to take action, your message must resonate. Your message won't resonate if they never cared in the first place!
3. You don't have an actual marketing strategy - understand that marketing is not an overnight thing. Have realistic expectations. Stop jumping from platform to platform HOPING that you'll get some results. As soon as you hear about the "latest" or "hottest" social media platform, now you're on there letting "views" fool you into thinking you're actually getting results 👀 Remember, your flowers blossom where you plant your seeds. You have to nurture it.
4. You're worried about the wrong thing - stop looking at what the next person has going on. That is nothing but a distraction! And as the saying goes "comparison is the greatest thief of joy." Let them have their shine! Yours is coming soon! Trust me! So instead of looking at them and letting it discourage you, focus on YOUR efforts. Looking at their business will not help yours grow!
5. Only focused on social media - I know this is a weird one coming from a social media consultant but I really do have your best interest in mind here. We don't own any of these social media platforms. When Facebook goes down, do you contact Mark Zuckerberg? Do you even know the owner of Twitter, LinkedIn, or Tik Tok? I saw a lady lose her IG account that had over 20K followers. Do not build your home on rented property!
6. Spreading yourself too thin - you don't need to be on EVERY platform. Stop trying to be a human octopus. You're wondering why you're ringing yourself dry and you're still not getting the results you desire. That's because you haven't even truly understood how the platform works into your mix or how to optimize your efforts to get the best results on that platform! If you have a team, then yes, delegate each platform to a different member. But if it's just YOU, stick with one until you master it and then add another. You don't have to be everything to everyone. You just have to be something to that one.
7. You haven't done anything - still stuck in learning or planning mode. Telling yourself "I'll do it when this is perfect" or "when the time is right." Newsflash: nothing will ever be right. The time will never be right. Life isn't perfect. It's literally now or never. Each moment that you've spent NOT doing anything is a moment that you'll never get back. Make each minute count!
Or is it because....
And this is a big one....
8. Your mindset - you're too committed to your comfort zone and you're afraid to fail. You continue to do the same things day in and day out just so you can say you actually did something --- even though it's not yielding the best results. It's the definition of insanity. Things aren't just going to autocorrect themselves. If you've been showing up consistently on Facebook Live or posting religiously on Facebook/Instagram and your audience hasn't grown, there's something wrong. Something isn't working. You're committing to failure by trying to avoid it.
I've had several people reach out and question if Pinterest is even worth it. Asking if people are still buying things on Pinterest due to COVID19. Or asking can you really make money on Pinterest. And then like clock work, they say each month they're really going to sit down and look over the training material. Yet, here we are. Month after month. Still asking the same questions or making the same statements. Still doing the same thing!
Let me tell you something.
This is nothing but fear and self-doubt.
There is someone successful on Tik Tok.
There is someone successful on LinkedIn.
There is someone successful on Snapchat.
There is someone successful on Facebook.
There is someone successful on Twitter.
There is someone successful on Instagram.
And you better believe there is someone successful on Pinterest!
So yes, that question has more to do with YOU than the platform.
So the question isn't does it work?
The question is: will YOU work?👀
This isn't some magical unicorn. They didn't get there by wishing it would work. They got there by putting in the work. Consistently showing up.
Now it's time that you step your game up!
It's not going to happen overnight and just because you signed up for a free course or free workbook, doesn't mean you're going to get results either.
You have to put in the work!
Are you ready?
Join us in the new Pinning for Winning Masters Program.
Sneak peek on the membership group:
- Ongoing support, training and accountability
- Customized Pinterest marketing strategy
- Short weekly assignments
- Show you how to free up your time so you're not spending hours on social media
Interested in becoming a founding member?
Sign up below to be notified when the doors open:
Copyright 2020. Socially Accepted, LLC. All rights reserved.